From: wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What Firefox (what browser) for Online-Banking?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 22:14:07
1 Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On 2017-01-07 17:36, wabe wrote:
4 >
5 > > I think a dedicated (virtual) machine for online banking is
6 > > much more important than the use of a specific browser.
7 >
8 > This sounds like a very good idea, but are there unintended
9 > consequences? For example, where do you keep the password?
10
11 In my little red analog notebook. :-)
12 If someone steal it, is is useless without my banking card that
13 I always carry with me when I leave the house. Without this
14 card the thief cannot crate TANs (I'm using a TAN generator
15 that only works with my card).
16
17 > BTW, does your bank block Tor? Mine does :-( Otherwise I'd
18 > probably use Tails for this purpose.
19
20 Dunno. Never tested this. What advantage would have the usage
21 of tor?
24 Regards
25 wabe