From: Maurice E Johnson <maurice.e.johnson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Postfix Woes
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:17:36
1 OK,
2 Here's how this works.
3
4 Many (nearly all) primary SMTP servers on the Internet will not forward
5 your email. The reason for this is because your ip belongs to an ISP
6 (this means your IP is a client IP on the ISPs net).
7
8 Well, one day, many moons ago a bunch of very intelligent folks got
9 together and figured that letting people run their own mailservers was a
10 goot way to propagate spam. So they put together a database of (among
11 other things) ISP-Customer IPs.
12
13 This is where it gets good. You see, now that you are part of the crowd,
14 ALL of those SMTP servers on the net will see your server as an email
15 source and drop your stuff on the floor. Pretty cool huh?
16
17 Remember kiddies - RTFM
18