From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 04:39:20
1 -------- Forwarded Message --------
2 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
3 Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:45:55 +0200
4 From: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
5 Reply-To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
6 Organization: Gentoo
7 To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
11 I'm no longer willing to maintain sys-boot/gummiboot and this makes it
12 maintainer-needed. The package is no longer maintained upstream,
13 and has been merged into systemd. It seems that there are still people
14 using it without systemd though, so I'm not going to lastrite it
15 myself, and prefer getting a new maintainer for it.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny
20 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>
23 This was posted on -dev a few days ago. I'm pretty sure there are some users here that use this and so far, no one has stepped up to take it. If one of the users who uses this wants to keep it available, may want to see if you, and maybe some other helpers, can help maintain it.
24
25 Just thought I would pass this on in case no one was aware.
26
27 Dale
28
30
31 P. S. I'm not sure how this is going to be formatted. It looks odd at the moment. :/