From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 22:09:52
1 On Sunday 22 May 2016 23:39:08 Dale wrote:
2 > -------- Forwarded Message --------
3 > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
4 > Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:45:55 +0200
5 > From: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 > Reply-To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
7 > Organization: Gentoo
8 > To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
12 > I'm no longer willing to maintain sys-boot/gummiboot and this makes it
13 > maintainer-needed. The package is no longer maintained upstream,
14 > and has been merged into systemd. It seems that there are still people
15 > using it without systemd though, so I'm not going to lastrite it
16 > myself, and prefer getting a new maintainer for it.
17
18 Well, considering the importance of gummiboot to some of us, I might be
19 willing to take it on - if I just knew a bit more about package maintenance.
20 As I've said many times in recent years, my days of coding expired about 25
21 years ago, and then it was in very different systems from Linux.
24 Rgds
25 Peter