From: Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 02:35:35
1 On 05/23/2016 12:39 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > -------- Forwarded Message --------
3 >> Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
4 >> Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:45:55 +0200
5 >> From: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 >> Reply-To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
7 >> Organization: Gentoo
8 >> To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
12 >> I'm no longer willing to maintain sys-boot/gummiboot and this makes it
13 >> maintainer-needed. The package is no longer maintained upstream,
14 >> and has been merged into systemd. It seems that there are still people
15 >> using it without systemd though, so I'm not going to lastrite it
16 >> myself, and prefer getting a new maintainer for it.
17 >>
18 >> --
19 >> Best regards,
20 >> Michał Górny
21 >> <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>
22 >
23 > This was posted on -dev a few days ago. I'm pretty sure there are
24 > some users here that use this and so far, no one has stepped up to take it.
25 > If one of the users who uses this wants to keep it available, may want
26 > to see if you, and maybe some other helpers, can help maintain it.
27 >
28 > Just thought I would pass this on in case no one was aware.
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
33 >
34 > P. S. I'm not sure how this is going to be formatted. It looks odd at
35 > the moment. :/
38 The magic to getting things like this to format correctly is to remove
39 the line that is exactly "-- " (dash-dash-space) and everything
40 following it -- or to ensure that that line is quoted somehow. Most
41 text email clients treat that string as a signature indicator, and
42 assume that everything following it isn't very important, just boilerplate.
45 Jonathan Callen