From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 03:08:30
1 Jonathan Callen wrote:
2 > On 05/23/2016 12:39 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> -------- Forwarded Message --------
4 >>> Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
5 >>> Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:45:55 +0200
6 >>> From: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
7 >>> Reply-To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
8 >>> Organization: Gentoo
9 >>> To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>> I'm no longer willing to maintain sys-boot/gummiboot and this makes it
14 >>> maintainer-needed. The package is no longer maintained upstream,
15 >>> and has been merged into systemd. It seems that there are still people
16 >>> using it without systemd though, so I'm not going to lastrite it
17 >>> myself, and prefer getting a new maintainer for it.
18 >>>
19 >>> --
20 >>> Best regards,
21 >>> Michał Górny
22 >>> <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>
23 >> This was posted on -dev a few days ago. I'm pretty sure there are
24 >> some users here that use this and so far, no one has stepped up to take it.
25 >> If one of the users who uses this wants to keep it available, may want
26 >> to see if you, and maybe some other helpers, can help maintain it.
27 >>
28 >> Just thought I would pass this on in case no one was aware.
29 >>
30 >> Dale
31 >>
32 >> :-) :-)
33 >>
34 >> P. S. I'm not sure how this is going to be formatted. It looks odd at
35 >> the moment. :/
36 >
37 > The magic to getting things like this to format correctly is to remove
38 > the line that is exactly "-- " (dash-dash-space) and everything
39 > following it -- or to ensure that that line is quoted somehow. Most
40 > text email clients treat that string as a signature indicator, and
41 > assume that everything following it isn't very important, just boilerplate.
45 My concern was whether it would show what was my text and what was the
46 original since they both looked the same. It didn't quote like it
47 normally would but it is fairly obvious as to who said what.
48
49 The biggest thing, I wanted to let folks know that if someone doesn't
50 step up that this package may die. I don't use it myself, although I've
51 considered switching to it, but know others on this list do use it.
52 Some of them likely have the skills to handle this if they have time and
53 choose too.
54
55 Thanks.
56