From: "Remco Rijnders" <remco@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:21:54
1 On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 07:00:52AM +0000, Caveman wrote in
2 <2gbde2AzVUH4P9HuGPvBvJpZBjaeFBqUfOPfrojvSXcRQgqYcNuLDa0BZbdtS1QrvKymDpPLozphS0JtKDgRXX4WE1rh439hq_VnseMCJZo=@protonmail.com>:
3 >yes. smtp is nasty, and also redundant.
4
5 How is it redundant?
6
7 >makes me wonder if i should just create me a
8 >hidden tor service that is just a normal website,
9 >and give its url to people (instead of email) who
10 >want to message me by telling them ``submit your
11 >messages to me''. then, verify messages by
12 >mailing their supplied email a confirmation
13 >message.
14
15 Ah, the "Don't spam us, we'll spam you approach?"