From: Daniel <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] world favorites: pros and cons
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 09:55:35
1 Good afternoon,
4 I would like to ask what advantages does one gain from (not) putting
5 packages in the world file?
6
7 I know the use of "emerge --oneshot <some-packages>" emerges packages
8 without recording them in the world set. I also know that all the
9 packages installed as dependencies don't get recorded in the world set
10 either.
11
12 I see only one advantage in this - the next time I do "emerge --update
13 world" the checking for available updates would be faster because the
14 world file doesn't contain all the packages that are actually emerged.
15
16 BUT...What happens if there are "critical" updates for packages not
17 listed in the world?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list