From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Safe way to test a new kernel?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:21:18
1 Grant writes:
2
3 > I get "Unrecognized command" from savedefault in grub:
4 >
5 > grub> savedefault --default=1 --once
6 > Error 27: Unrecognized command
7
8 Strange. Maybe this is something inofficial, and not every Gurb
9 understands this? The documentation does not mention the --default option
10 I think.
11
12 > I re-emerged grub with /boot mounted and ran grub-install but I get
13 > the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm on
14 > grub-0.97-r10.
15
16 Have a look at 'info grub', 'Booting' -> 'Making your system robust',
17 especially section 4.3.2 'Booting fallback systems'. That's what I used in
18 order to test new kernels remotely.
19
20 Wonko