From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with all these "acct-group" ebuilds recently?
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 02:04:23
1 On 21/6/20 9:40 am, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 6/20/20 6:21 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 7:06 PM Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > Maybe when I have a moment I'll file a bug.
6 >
7 > Dan
8 >
9 Thanks for filing the bug.  One of my pet peeves is that the last few
10 years gentoo has been going down the path of spitting everything into
11 smaller and smaller pieces and scattering them around - its fine when
12 things work, but becomes a real pig to fault find and more often ends up
13 in a call for help.  I would really like packages to be self contained
14 so its configuration and files are all in one place.  I cant see any
15 advantage to having multiple ebuilds for a package instead of using a
16 support framework to deal with it other than exposing multiple
17 opportunities for things to go wrong and make it harder to fix. This not
18 an elegant design!
19
20 BillK