From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-compatible wifi GUI?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:38:34
1 On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:06:48 +0200, Erik Hahn wrote:
2
3 > > BTW: I prefer KDE, if this is relevant.
4
5 > There's network-manager, it uses it's own config files, though.
6
7 Knetworkmanager takes care of the config, using KDE's wallet to store
8 WEP/WPA passwords. However, I've recently started using wicd instead of
9 knetworkmanager. For one thing, it automatically reconnects when you lose
10 and regain the signal to your AP. Also, because the connection is handled
11 by the daemon and only controlled by the GUI, the wireless connection is
12 running by the time the desktop loads.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Genius is 99% inspiration and 2% arithmetic