From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resetting the root passwd
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:27:34
1 On 2012-01-10 2:12 PM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen
2 <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > The simpelest solution should be to copy the password-hash of a user
4 > whose password is know to you.
5 > Afterwards you can log in an change the password again.
6
7 Thanks, I like that better and it worked like a charm, this way the root
8 account is never unprotected (even for a minute)... although remote root
9 login is disabled anyway...
10
11 > And for the future:http://xkcd.com/936/ ;)
12
13 I couldn't live without Passwordmaker (Firefox Addon), with it, I can
14 have as strong and random passwords as I want on every site, it auto
15 fills the username/password for me (if it is a web login page), but
16 doesn't store any password anywhere...
17
18 http://passwordmaker.org/