From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DMZ on an vmware gentoo guest running on winXP host
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 04:26:54
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> Would I likely be opening my lan up for some christmas shopping by
4 >> having a gentoo guest on a WinXP host running as a DMZ machine?
5 >> It would be pretty barebones with a IPTABLE setup for logging and
6 >> tagging or whatever I get interested in doing with the traffic.
7 >>
8 >> No X server or other frills.
9 >
10 > A rather simpler solution to do this would be to get hold of hub, connect it
11 > to the firewall and watch everything that passes through it.
12
13 I do have an older hub, but not sure what you mean here. The hub has
14 no network address and of course is not switched so anything going
15 thru it can be filtered with tcpdump. But the router is switched.
16 Not sure how a hub would see the outfacing address. I'd be able to
17 see all the lan machines that were going thru it, but how about the
18 traffic that the firewall is rejecting? Thats what I'm after.
19
20 Can you elaborate a little?
21
22 Maybe you mean something different by `hub'.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list