From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Transcoding movie DVD to MPEG4?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:35:10
1 On 2006-12-03, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
2 > On 03 December 2006 15:28, Mick wrote:
3 >> Hi All,
4 >>
5 >> I want to copy a movie from a DVD which I bought in a shop, to another DVD
6 >> to take with me on holiday. I'll be playing back the copy on my laptop and
7 >> (if it is feasible) the hotel's DVD player.
8 >>
9 >> I thought that K3B and a double layer blank DVD+R is all I need to burn an
10 >> iso image of the DVD. After two expensive coasters (see other recent
11 >> topic) I came to the conclusion that the combination of
12 >> K3B/Phillips-DVD8421/Imation-DVD+R DL will just not work. I could start
13 >> trying out different brands of DVD+R DL, but I cannot see a sustainable
14 >> economic case for persevering with my coaster production. :-(
15 >
16 > So far, I haven't managed to burn any DL DVD.
17
18 I had a lot of trouble burning DVDs using a USB connected
19 drive. I moved the drive internal and connected it directly to
20 the IDE controller and since have had no problems burning
21 either single or double layer. [IIRC, it's an vanilla OEM
22 Samsung drive.]
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. my NOSE is NUMB!
26 at
27 visi.com
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list