From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't create valid btrfs on NVMe
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:26:32
1 I'm putting together a new desktop using a Samsung SM951 NVMe drive. I
2 booted sysrescd, partitioned the drive and ran
3
4 mkfs.btrfs /dev/nvme0n1p3
5 mount /dev/nvme0n1p3 /mnt/custom
6
7 df -T, mount and findmnt all show this is mounted as a btrfs filesystem,
8 e.g.
9
10 /dev/nvme0n1p3 on /mnt/custom type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,space_cache)
11
12 I can create files in here but cannot do anything btrfs-y
13
14 % btrfs filesystem show /mnt/custom
15 ERROR: not a valid btrfs filesystem: /mnt/custom
16
17 % btrfs subvolume create /mnt/custom/test
18 Create subvolume '/mnt/custom/test'
19 ERROR: cannot create subvolume: Inappropriate ioctl for device
20
21 Google has been no help at all.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 TEXAS VIRUS: Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.