From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:17:09
1 On 14/10/2014 21:22, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 10/13/2014 10:50 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>
4 >> What do you mean with "select"
5 >> Do all the entries become selected (marked) ready for delete/copy/...?
6 >
7 > Yes. It's been doing this since I upgraded to KDE4 with Dolphin. KDE3
8 > was perfectly fine.
9 >
10 >> I have seen this behaviour in a lot of different programs (also on MS Windows).
11 >> Usually caused by some key-combination which is accidentally pressed and
12 >> forces the shift-key to be "locked".
13 >
14 > I thought that but it isn't the case. I am using this particular install
15 > through spawning VNC sessions on my server. As I said, KDE3 did not have
16 > this issue at all (used with the exact same VNC setup), nor does it
17 > present itself in apps other than Dolphin.
18 >
19 > Strange, huh?
22 Not really strange - I got something similar with dolphin too.
23
24 I use NFS mounts in dolphin a lot (not using the built-in nfs kpart,
25 it's a traditional mount). Double clicking through on folder names would
26 often select everything from where the cursor landed to the top of what
27 is shown in the dolphin window. F5 refresh, or Alt-left and Alt-right
28 wouldn't change anything (I assume some caching is involved). But,
29 clicking away from the current pane to some other folder outside the nfs
30 mount, then re-navigating back to it would make the issue go away.
31
32 I keep this ~amd64 system quite current (update twice weekly or so) and
33 haven't run into this again for about 6 weeks now. Looks like someone
34 fixed something, in whole or in part.
38 Alan McKinnon
39 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com