From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem with lowest CPU load, acceptable emerge performance, and stable?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:31:45
1 On 6 September 2011 19:55, Permjacov Evgeniy <permeakra@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 09/06/2011 09:26 PM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 >> Disk I/O Characteristic: Occasional writes during 'normal' usage,
4 >> once-a-week eix-sync + emerge -avuD
5 >> Priority: Stable (i.e., less chance of corruption), least CPU usage.
6
7 You would have to profile this, but I imagine that the best approach
8 would be to compile in a RAM disk and copy. I think that you're
9 probably trying to optimise the wrong part of this problem.
10
11 As for ext3/ext4, the improvements to fsck alone make ext4 the FS of
12 choice between the two.
13
14 JB