From: Emmanuel Vasilakis <mrzammler@××.st>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slow UI for firefox 68
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 15:16:35
1 Hi!
2
3 Just finished compiling www-client/firefox 68.1.0 and I'm seeing a very
4 big lag mainly in UI operations. I.e., clicking on the menu button (or
5 any other button on the UI) takes 5-6 seconds for the menu to appear,
6 during which firefox goes up to using 100% of my CPU.
7
8 Even typing something in the URI bar has a lag of 1 sec between key
9 presses and text appearing.
10
11 I've compiled firefox using these use flags:
12
13 clang custom-cflags custom-optimization dbus gmp-autoupdate hwaccel lto
14 pgo screenshot startup-notification system-av1 system-harfbuzz
15 system-icu system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite
16 system-webp
17
18 (Didn't really change anything from previous firefox versions I compiled).
19
20 firefox-bin (69.0) behaves ok.
21
22 firefox using --safe-mode is also ok.
23
24 I did use refresh firefox which wiped clean firefox and removed all
25 extensions, but I'm getting the same laggy behaviour.
26
27 Anyone else having similar experience? Previous firefox versions where
28 all okay.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Emmanuel