From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] anyone using Lilo to dual-boot ? -- discovery
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:03:46
1 Further ideas : I tried booting a Gentoo kernel with the Ubuntu /
2 & avoided the kernel panic, but ran into an Ubuntu init error,
3 so there's nothing inherently wrong with /dev/sda8 .
4
5 Also, I checked the Ubuntu kernel config file, conveniently in /boot ,
6 which has ReiserFS configured as a module, whereas Ext2 & Ext3 are 'y'.
7 That suggests that it's running into a road-block:
8 it needs to use ReiserFS to start 'init',
9 but can't load modules till it has already started 'init'.
10
11 In that case, I need to re-install Ubuntu using Ext2 or Ext3 .
12 In fact, it wb as a bug in Ubuntu's "advanced" install.
13
14 Does that make sense to anyone else ?
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca