From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] anyone using Lilo to dual-boot ? -- discovery
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:49:12
1 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Further ideas : I tried booting a Gentoo kernel with the Ubuntu /
4 > & avoided the kernel panic, but ran into an Ubuntu init error,
5 > so there's nothing inherently wrong with /dev/sda8 .
6 >
7 > Also, I checked the Ubuntu kernel config file, conveniently in /boot ,
8 > which has ReiserFS configured as a module, whereas Ext2 & Ext3 are 'y'.
9 > That suggests that it's running into a road-block:
10 > it needs to use ReiserFS to start 'init',
11 > but can't load modules till it has already started 'init'.
12 >
13 > In that case, I need to re-install Ubuntu using Ext2 or Ext3 .
14 > In fact, it wb as a bug in Ubuntu's "advanced" install.
15 >
16 > Does that make sense to anyone else ?
17
18 Or the module could be in the initrd -- should be. Also, be sure you
19 have root= in your append line.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici