From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of MUA
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:51:43
1 On Wednesday 10 Aug 2016 19:26:56 Mick wrote:
2
3 > Peter, I recall you being a long term sufferer of Kmail2 problems, which I
4 > do not experience here.
5
6 Yes, I have some old archives preserved as tar.bz2 files, but I can't import
7 them into KMail because of some internal damage to many of the messages. I
8 think the damage was caused by a gradually developing hardware problem
9 (which has eventually forced me into replacing the whole box), and KMail,
10 akonadi and friends can't handle the mess. They aren't what I would call
11 defensively programmed. They either throw wobblers or refuse to co-operate
12 at all.
13
14 So I have the basic data and can use standard tools to examine them if
15 necessary; that will have to do for now. Meanwhile, KMail is working happily
16 with stuff originating on the new box - apart from the apparently inevitable
17 duplicate messages of course.
18
19 > Have you tried running a stand alone SQL? I am running postgresql and
20 > things have been quite uneventful since I made the switch.
21
22 Is there some documentation on how to do that? I doubt it would help me
23 because the problem smells like higher up the stack, but you never know...
26 Rgds
27 Peter