From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it possible for F5 to delete all contacts in Kmail?!!!
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:46:58
1 On 17 November 2011 08:56, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 +1 for dropping kdepim. I used to love kaddressbook and kontact (but a
5 lot of that was enthusiasm about features that "were just around the
6 corner"). I found that I was having consistent problems keeping my
7 contacts between versions (fortunately, I had them all backed up as
8 vcards in svn), and a number of other annoying bugs which the KDE devs
9 ignored, and closed after a while.
10
11 I just uploaded all my PIM stuff to Google Contacts, which actually
12 adds a whole pile of functionality to other Google products that I
13 didn't know existed (Addresses of my friends pop up in Maps, for
14 example). Since I'm using Android, that made the most sense for me.