From: Pariksheet Nanda <pariksheet.nanda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistence of ZFS /dev/zvol/rpool/swap
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 10:59:30
1 Hi Joost,
2
3 On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:16 AM J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > Hibernation may work when building your own initramfs.
7 > Not sure if dracut and the likes have support for it themselves.
8 >
9 > Joost
10
11 Yeah, I know it's possible to hibernate using my same setup using
12 BTRFS instead of ZFS. But after a few weeks of use BTRFS eventually
13 becomes slow as molasses; processes routinely get stuck in deep disk
14 sleep. In both cases I've been using genkernel for my initramfs.
15 Thanks for the encouragement to dig into the initramfs setup. I'll
16 report back if I have any success or questions.
17
18 Pariksheet