From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:03:28
1 On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:14:27 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > So far, I have liked lvm, what's the advantage of btrfs over lvm?
4
5 I have only looked at btrfs, with a consideration for switching from ZFS,
6 but it seems to offer the same advantages as ZFS. That is, it makes
7 things even easier than LVM does. with LVM you can easily resize volumes
8 and the filesystems on them, but it is still two or three steps, more if
9 you add RAID into the equation. The modern filesystems do it all at once.
10 If you need a bigger var, you just tell it so. And it is exactly the same
11 process for shrinking a volume, something that can be tricky with LVM
12 because of the need to handle volume and filesystem separately.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 You know the end of the world is near when the Spice Girls start
19 reproducing.