From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gallium and nVidia
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:38:10
1 Hi All,
2
3 I would like to some clarification to support my feeling regarding
4 gallium related use flags in mesa package.
5
6 For some reason I have to rebuild a few packages on my machine and
7 xorg-server and mesa are among them. I experienced that if the "xorg"
8 USE flag of mesa is enabled then I got compiling error. After a little
9 searching I could see that this use flag enables gallium3d.
10
11 My question is that, as a nvidia user - I have an nvidia card and I
12 use a nvidia driver from nvidia-drivers package - do I need this use
13 flag? Do I need the gallium related use flags in mesa?
14
15 Thanks in advance for any help!
16
17 András
20 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
21 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
22 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell