From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Illegal instruction" error
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:40:51
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb am 12.10.2010 00:26:
2 >
3 > It's none of those apparently. I checked CFLAGS set by the ebuild in the
4 > emerge log before posting and they looked fine. gcc was last updated a month
5 > ago and the machine gets updated almost daily.
6 >
7 > glibc seems possible but it's a moot point, especially as after investigating
8 > memory at Mark's suggestion, genlop runs fine now, world updates successfully
9 > and 2 ./configure errors about aclocal (that I didn't even mention before)
10 > have gone away.
11 >
12 > I should probably start treating this poor machine more like a notebook and
13 > less like a high performance machine - running flat out almost 24/7 is
14 > probably outside of it's design spec :-)
17 Glad the reason for your problem was found. Time make use of Dell's NBD
18 support then :)
21 Daniel Pielmeier