From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only two people in the gentoo world is having this problem?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:06:22
1 > Anyway, if it were me I'd nuke the file in a heartbeat, but if OP is
2 > too timid for that, he can also quarantine the file first, i.e., move
3 > it to some other path where it won't cause trouble (and then delete
4 > later). Also, (from the bug) his libarchive.la seems to still list the
5 > .la, so he should re-emerge libarchive after moving away the orphaned
6 > .la-file (or use lafilefixer?).
7 Ok, the OP will try this. If I cannot fix it I will just install gvfs
8 without the archive flag.
9
10 > Still, there is something funny with paludis, as so many people using
11 > it seem to have so many problems with orphaned libtool archive files.
12 > Ahem, even the warning from exherbo front page is gone nowadays. Is it
13 > production quality now? o.O
14 Actually, it is the first problem I have with .la files using paludis,
15 but I don't know about other people's experience.
16
17 Thanks a lot for your help,
18 Damian.