From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:07:06
1 On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:30:41 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > If we're going to be shoved into tight space like this, I'd be nice if
4 > the "you can just use $x" tools work on stable. I've got three
5 > previously-working systems at home I can't risk rebooting right now
6 > because of this udev+/usr nonsense. I almost invariably put /usr and
7 > /home on top of LVM, RAID or both.
8
9 Only the testing udev needs an initramfs now, so it doesn't really matter
10 yet. However, it would be nice if dracut were stabilised at least a week
11 before udev-18* to give time to play with it. It certainly needs to be
12 stabilised before the news announcement of udev-18* going stable.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call
19 this their point of view.
20 -- Albert Einstein