From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Fwd: Frozen Video]
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:19:29
1 On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:15:37 -0800
2 Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I have a box running kernel version 2.6.13-r5, and MythTV 0.18.2 built
5 > from portage. I'm using a video card with the nvidia nv18 chipset
6 > (6600?). I also have a custom xorg modeline for my widescreen HDTV. My
7 > video card is connected via a VGA to component converter. The screen
8 > looks good and regular desktop mode works fine. The mouse moves. MythTV
9 > menus are displayed and the cursor moves around
10 > when I hit the arrow keys.
11 >
12 > The problem is when I switch to a video mode. The video freezes at the
13 > first frame. The audio continues and plays just fine. The freezing
14 > problem occurs whether I'm viewing LiveTV, previously recorded shows,
15 > and even video files via MythVideo (uses mplayer). All of this used to
16 > work until I upgraded hardware and rebuilt my system.
17 >
18 > I have no idea what the cause might be or where to start looking. Any ideas?
19 >
20 > Drew
21
22 try running mplayer from the command line and see what error messages
23 are given.
24
25 also look in the standard places like dmesg and /var/log/Xorg*.log.
26
27 You can also run mythfrontend from the command line with verbose
28 logging.
33 > --
34 >
35 > Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
36 > Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
37 >
38 > http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
39 >
40 > --