From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading from kernel 2.6.24-rc6 to latest kernel
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:06:57
1 090518 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 May 2009 07:29:00 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> The blurb tells me nothing, but if I follow its advice, I do get :
4 > I said there was help, I didn't claim it was helpful :)
5 > I got bitten by this one a while ago on a box using a mixture
6 > of SATA and PATA disks, the PATA disk disappeared after an upgrade
7 > because I took the help to indicate I didn't need it.
8 > I should have followed the "If unsure..." advice.
9
10 Yes, had I realised there was help available via '?',
11 I would have seen that line & would have taken the advice,
12 when I would also have seen the JMicron line marked 'y'.
13
14 I have updated the file which contains my kernel notes (wry smile).
15
16 Hopefully, the OP has got some useful hints out of all this ...
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca