From: spareproject776 <spareproject776@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey automatic email download after switch to Oauth2
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 10:16:36
1 On Fri, Jun 03, 2022 at 10:54:06AM +0100, Michael wrote:
2 > On Friday, 3 June 2022 11:07:47 BST spareproject776 wrote:
3 > > They only forced turning 2fa on.
4 >
5 > There used to be a period a few years ago now, when you could enable less
6 > secure app access plus OAuth2 without giving your DOB, mobile phone 2FA, etc.
7 > They have since stopped this. I had enabled OAuth2 on one PC, but was not
8 > able to do the same on a second PC I tried to connect from. I can't recall
9 > the error now.
10 >
11 > Thankfully, other email providers are available. :-)
12
13 Is the privacy thing really that bad ? My plans to send a load of e2e messages
14 through a mix net just to wind them up.
15
16 More worried about someone picking my phone up popping the sim card out.
17 Then requesting account recovery from it and plugging it back in now : /
18 sort of defeated the point in having tpm backed devices.
19
20 How did you even enable the oauth thing ? only had security device or
21 push to an authenticated device available. Then lied and forced enabling
22 sms as a 'recovery' option.