From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Want same ol' gentoo on new box
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:13:42
1 On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:31:03 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2
3 > But I'd still be worried that adding a package that does not have
4 > dependencies satisfied to the world file would not be a good thing
5 > (unless of course you are using the emptytree option).
6
7 I don't see why it should cause a problem. Portage is quite capable of
8 calculating the dependencies and installing them. The situation is no
9 different from uninstalling a dependency of an installed package. The
10 next emerge --deep world will reinstall it.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Daddy? What's this little red button for?