From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot gentoo with GTP Disk label
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 22:23:19
1 On 05/08/2010 07:16 AM, claude angéloz wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I installed a gentoo on a very recent system (efi support) . AT the
5 > reception of the laptop it was a disk label msdos, with a boot
6 > partition w** installer ... I changed that against a GPt disk label. I
7 > can install without problem the gentoo , but now it doenst boot.
8 >
9 > I read some docs about gpt,mbr,boot principles and tried some tools
10 >
11 > - install the grub2 masked package and grub-install.
12 >
13 > - a special partion bios_grub as 1st bootable partition.
14 > but actually no succesful...
15 > but in the parted i did not see this "bios_grub" as flag...
16 >
17 > I found some tips from the web , but i guess that was only valid for a
18 > macintel system, not a normal pc with a disk labeled gpt and an efi
19 > support.
20 >
21 > I know that it is not required an efi partiton to boot the os with
22 > pc/bios and gpt disk. Or is it false ?
23
24 I guarantee that some smart geek here will know how to do it, though you
25 may need to search around for the appropriate forum:
26
27 http://www.boot-land.net/forums/
28
29 BTW, why do you want to use gpt on a laptop?