From: "claude angéloz" <claude.angeloz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Boot gentoo with GTP Disk label
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 15:03:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I installed a gentoo on a very recent system (efi support) . AT the
4 reception of the laptop it was a disk label msdos, with a boot
5 partition w** installer ... I changed that against a GPt disk label. I
6 can install without problem the gentoo , but now it doenst boot.
7
8 I read some docs about gpt,mbr,boot principles and tried some tools
9
10 - install the grub2 masked package and grub-install.
11
12 - a special partion bios_grub as 1st bootable partition.
13 but actually no succesful...
14 but in the parted i did not see this "bios_grub" as flag...
15
16 I found some tips from the web , but i guess that was only valid for a
17 macintel system, not a normal pc with a disk labeled gpt and an efi
18 support.
19
20 I know that it is not required an efi partiton to boot the os with
21 pc/bios and gpt disk. Or is it false ?
22
23 If anybody has an other idea. Or I must abandon the gpt disk label ?
24 Is there an equivalent refitr in OS x86 ?
25
26 Thanks
27 Best regards
28 Claude