From: YoYo siska <yoyko@×××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double remote X forwarding?
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:25:55
1 On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 07:16:44PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi all,,
3 > This is about doing ssh through a firewall to one machine and then
4 > going on from that first machine to a second machine on the remote
5 > network. Is there any way to allow me to ssh into this whole string
6 > of machines and still be able to pass the output of an X app running
7 > on the second machine back to my machine here? The typical error
8 > message I get is about being unable to open the display.
11 > mark@lightning ~ $ ssh -X -Y -C -c blowfish -l gandalf
12 > Password:
13 > Last login: Sat Apr 8 18:47:38 2006 from lightning
14 > gandalf ~ # ssh -X -Y -C -c blowfish -l root myth13
15 > Password:
16 > Last login: Sat Apr 8 18:50:03 2006 from gandalf
17 > myth13 ~ # xclock
18 > Error: Can't open display:
19 > myth13 ~ #
20 >
21 > When sshed into the second machine (myth13) I get no value for
22 > $display, while for the first machine (gandalf) I ssh into I do:
23 >
24 > myth13 ~ # echo $DISPLAY
25 >
26 > myth13 ~ # exit
27 > logout
28 > Connection to myth13 closed.
29 > gandalf ~ # echo $DISPLAY
30 > localhost:10.0
31 > gandalf ~ # xclock
32 >
33 > <XCLOCK displays here>
34 >
35 > gandalf ~ #exit
36 > logout
37 > Connection to gandalf closed.
38 > mark@lightning ~ $
39 >
40 > I am able to run X apps on gandalf and display them here, but not
41 > myth13. Can I make it work?
42 >
43 is x11forwarding enabled on the second machine (myth13) in
44 /etc/ssh/sshd_conf ?
45
46 yoyo
49 _