From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print to cups printer from Windows - any good instructions?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:15:29
1 On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm looking around for up to date instructions/wikis/howtos on how
4 > to set up Samba on my CUPS server to allow me to print from Windows.
5
6 I'm also interested in this; I tried it a while back (from both
7 directions; printer hosted on linux and printer hosted on windows) and
8 eventually gave up. The printer works fine locally on both machines.
9 It's not a network printer (no print server) but just a plain old
10 shared-on-the-netowork-while-attached-to-a-workstation printer. I'm
11 not a CUPS or Samba expert at all so don't take my lack of success as
12 to big of a discouragement. :)
13
14 I'll be watching this thread closely and perhaps trying along with
15 you, but for now I have nothing useful to add.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Paul