From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Knoppix Install Method
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:57:28
1 On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:08:50 -0500, drew@××××××××××××××.net wrote:
4 > However there is some data on the drive that I'd like to recover before
5 > blowing the disk away. I booted the latest Knoppix dated 9/23/05 and
6 > see two icons on the desktop for my drives. One for sda the other for
7 > sdb. I can not mount either. I assume this is because Knoppix is
8 > seeing each drive individually instead of the one logical striped drive
9 > it is.
10
11 There used to be problems accessing RAID arrays from Knoppix, and LVM
12 still doesn't work AFAIK. The solution is to use a different live CD. As
13 you plan to install Gentoo, it seems reasonable to assume you have a
14 Gentoo CD, so try that. The Recovery Is Possible! live CD also worked
15 with my RAID setup.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I am in total control, but don't tell my wife.