From: drew@××××××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Knoppix Install Method
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:17:19
1 I have a system on an Abit motherboard with the Nvidia GeForce 4 chipset.
2 There are two SATA disks in a hardward stripe configuration using the
3 controller built in to the motherboard. The machine and disks were used as a
4 Windows XP workstation. Now that Windows installation is hosed up and I'm
5 using the opportunity to covert this machine to a Gentoo desktop.
6
7 However there is some data on the drive that I'd like to recover before
8 blowing the disk away. I booted the latest Knoppix dated 9/23/05 and see two
9 icons on the desktop for my drives. One for sda the other for sdb. I can
10 not mount either. I assume this is because Knoppix is seeing each drive
11 individually instead of the one logical striped drive it is.
12
13 Is there some magic I can perform at the boot prompt to get Knoppix to see the
14 two individual drives as one logical striped drive? I can't recover the data
15 from booting Windows because it's all screwed up and reboots itself shortly
16 after logon.
17
18 Thanks,
19