From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Multiseat -- LTSP?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:36:33
1 Grant <emailgrant <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > >> I'd like to have multiple users working from separate monitors,
5 > >> keyboards, and mice, but all connected to a single Gentoo computer.
6 > >> The main purpose is to minimize sys admin duties but hardware and
7 > >> power requirements would also be minimized.
8
9 ATI make quad head video cards. If you do not need fancy graphics,
10 the cost is very reasonable. the easiest thing is to get a multi
11 head card, with keyboard and mouse ports for each monitor port,
12 if they are still manufactured. If not, get dual head cards complete
13 with mouse and keyboard ports.
14
15 http://www.multiplemonitors.org/Pages - Hardware/Hardware - Multi head Video
16 cards.html
19 Or you might want to consider an open hardware board, complete with
20 video chip as an extremely low power/cost option. My favorite is:
21
22 http://www.pandaboard.org/
23 gentoo runs on this board -->
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/