From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Multiseat -- LTSP?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:26:09
1 >> >> I'd like to have multiple users working from separate monitors,
2 >> >> keyboards, and mice, but all connected to a single Gentoo computer.
3 >> >> The main purpose is to minimize sys admin duties but hardware and
4 >> >> power requirements would also be minimized.
5 >
6 > ATI make quad head video cards. If you do not need fancy graphics,
7 > the cost is very reasonable. the easiest thing is to get a multi
8 > head card, with keyboard and mouse ports for each monitor port,
9 > if they are still manufactured. If not, get dual head cards complete
10 > with mouse and keyboard ports.
11
12 Quad-headed video cards would be pretty amazing. 24 workstations
13 running from a single host.... As a note, from what I've read I would
14 need to patch the kernel if using a multi-headed video card with only
15 one PCI address.
16
17 - Grant