From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:32:23
1 On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:42:43 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I have NEVER asked portage to keep a copy of EVERYTHING online.
4
5 Yet it does.
6
7 > I
8 > think it's a sinthat portage decides to remove files from MY machine,
9 > files that I'm currently using, files that I require.
10
11 It doesn't. It may remove files from the portage tree, but those are
12 not in use except when emerging. The ebuilds for your installed packages
13 are kept in /var/db/pkg.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 WinErr 003: Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file