From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:22:48
1 Am 03.09.2013 23:31, schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2
3 > This link gave me the deciding hint -- I didn't have
4 > cryptsetup-generator in my system, because I didn’t have the
5 > cryptsetup useflags enabled. I rebuilt systemd and udisks and now
6 > I’m prompted for the LUKS password during boot. \o/
7
8 Congratulations!
9
10 sidenote: The mentioned pam_mount way of doing things lets you boot
11 through to a login. No waiting for the passphrase ... when I login the
12 LUKS-device is opened and mounted ... only one time user/pw ...
13 personally I like it that way.
14
15 > Now I need to find out whether it’s feasible for me to use it. I’ll
16 > definitely have to procure some custom unit files, e.g. for
17 > monitorix.
18
19 Most of the bold systemd-users with gentoo see the one or the other
20 unit file missing ... this is still an early stage and should get
21 better with every unit provided. There are quite many bugs filed
22 already pointing at new unit files for ebuilds.
23
24 pls share your unit as well (or even file it as a bug on
25 bugs.gentoo.org) to help the gentoo devs (and users) here.
26
27 Stefan