From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 21:31:27
1 On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 11:15:54AM -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > > Hey list
4 > > […]
5 > > Rebooting works until the point of mounting /home, which is a LUKS
6 > > container. I get the message:
7 > > "A start job is running for dev-mapper-home.service"
8 > > and eventually a timeout and prompt for root password or Ctrl-D.
9 > >
10 > > The wiki references a bug report that /etc/crypttab was ignored. Well, I
11 > > didn’t have one, but apparently my old crypt setup was heeded (because
12 > > systemd knew that I wanted sda5 mounted as home).
13 >
14 > Mmmh. I don't use LUKS, but from what I understand, systemd generates
15 > the unit files necessary to mount encrypted partitions, and to do this
16 > it needs /etc/crypttab, in the same manner that it needs /etc/fstab to
17 > generate the unit files for the normal partitions.
18
19 I created a crypttab as some point, but it didn’t solve the problem.
20 $ cat /etc/crypttab
21 home /dev/sda5
22
23 > http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup-generator.html
24
25 This link gave me the deciding hint -- I didn't have cryptsetup-generator in
26 my system, because I didn’t have the cryptsetup useflags enabled.
27 I rebuilt systemd and udisks and now I’m prompted for the LUKS password during
28 boot. \o/
29
30 Now I need to find out whether it’s feasible for me to use it. I’ll definitely
31 have to procure some custom unit files, e.g. for monitorix.
32
33 > > On a sidenote, for some reason, grub2 doesn’t find the kernel if I keep
34 > > the menuentry’s search commands which are created by grub2-mkconfig.
35 > > Only if I remove all the search --uuid...yadda yadda..., the entry
36 > > boots.
37 > > The boot partition (where the grub files lie) is still my normal / on
38 > > sda2. It then boots the systemd installation on sda7 which was detected
39 > > by os_prober.
40 >
41 > Are you sure it's not under the "advanced" submenu?
42
43 The “normal” menuitem and the one under the advanced submenu are identical.
44
45 > One question: how is the /etc/fstab file in the systemd installation?
46
47 Now that you mention it -- I forgot to amend the / partition entry to point to
48 sda7. I have root=/dev/sda7 in the kernel cmdline, though, so I didn’t notice.
51 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
52 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
53
54 “Time is money” said the waiter and put the date on the bill.