From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 08:27:31
1 On Saturday 09 Jul 2011 02:49:55 Dale wrote:
2 > OK. Back to the original thread.
3 >
4 > Here we go again. Everything seems to work EXCEPT Firefox. When I log
5 > into KDE, I can run Seamonkey, Kpat, Konqueror, Konsole, gkrellm and
6 > such but as soon as I start Firefox, it locks up tight. Tight enough
7 > that the kernel panics and it resets since Neil informed me how to set
8 > that up. Thanks Neil!
9 >
10 > On Firefox, I have unmerged both nspluginwrapper & adobe-flash. Still
11 > does the same. I also tried the unstable version of Firefox 3 and even
12 > the unstable Firefox 4. I don't think it is Firefox itself but
13 > something that Firefox accesses or loads up. Keep in mind, when I
14 > upgraded Firefox it also pulled in new xulrunner packages as well. Is
15 > there anything else I should unmerge? Keep in mind, I can't open
16 > Firefox. Should I try to run Firefox as root to see if it locks up then
17 > too?
18
19 Personally I would not run FF as root. It should run as plain user and be
20 able to access all that it needs to do its job. What you haven't told us is
21 if you have tried the stable FF version 3.6.17 and if you are also getting the
22 same problems with the www-client/firefox-bin?
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick