From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 06:17:49
1 OK. Back to the original thread.
2
3 Here we go again. Everything seems to work EXCEPT Firefox. When I log
4 into KDE, I can run Seamonkey, Kpat, Konqueror, Konsole, gkrellm and
5 such but as soon as I start Firefox, it locks up tight. Tight enough
6 that the kernel panics and it resets since Neil informed me how to set
7 that up. Thanks Neil!
8
9 On Firefox, I have unmerged both nspluginwrapper & adobe-flash. Still
10 does the same. I also tried the unstable version of Firefox 3 and even
11 the unstable Firefox 4. I don't think it is Firefox itself but
12 something that Firefox accesses or loads up. Keep in mind, when I
13 upgraded Firefox it also pulled in new xulrunner packages as well. Is
14 there anything else I should unmerge? Keep in mind, I can't open
15 Firefox. Should I try to run Firefox as root to see if it locks up then
16 too?
17
18 So, what in the world is it that Firefox does that can cause a kernel
19 panic? Also, I can surf with both Seamonkey and Konqueror and
20 everything works just fine. It seems only Firefox, any version, is
21 affected by this.
22
23 Now what? I use Firefox to go to youtube and stuff to get music
24 videos. It just does better than Seamonkey for me.
25
26 Dale
27