From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:10:36
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 >> I'm stating the obvious here, but have you tried restoring from a
4 >> back up that
5 >> you made before these problems started?
8 > I usually have a backup but I got rid of it a month or so ago. I was
9 > planning to take the drive out and use it for something else but never
10 > got around to it. Before that I played with LVM a bit.
11 >
12 > So far, I have upgraded gcc and glibc and the emerge -e world is
13 > almost finished. If it still locks up, I'm going to try a different
14 > xorg and friends. Someone else mentioned a bug that is pretty close
15 > to what I have going on.
16 >
17 > I'm going to fix this even if I don't know for sure what caused it.
18 > If after this emerge it works, it has to be either gcc or glibc. If
19 > it still does it and I upgrade/downgrade xorg and friends then it
20 > works, then I know it was one of those.
21 >
22 > I'm just hoping for a fix and glad I got Fluxbox on here. Fluxbox
23 > ain't fancy but it works well for a backup.. I have to add, it is
24 > pretty snappy on a 4 core 3.2Ghz CPU with 16Gbs of ram too. lol
25 >
26 > Dale
27 >
28 > :-) :-)
31 If you ever see me in person, kick me real hard. I read your reply then
32 had a thought. I forgot to switch to the new compiler BEFORE I started
33 the emerge. So, I almost recompiled everything with the same gcc. At
34 least your reply made me think of it. ;-)
35
36 < hangs head in shame and sighs >
37
38 Dale
39
41
42 P. S. I feel like a idiot. What a NOOB mistake.