From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Determine why Python 2.7 is still installed?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:10:10
1 On one of my Gentoo machines Python 2.7 has not been removed by
2 deplcean as it has on others, and I've been unable to determine
3 why. It's not in the world file, and 'equery d python' doesn't show
4 anything depending on 2.7. I have no python targets specified in
5 make.conf nor in any package use flag settings.
6
7 How do you determine why portage thinks a certain slot of a package
8 is required? None of the documentation I an find on portage discusses
9 finding packages dependent on particular slots.
12 Grant