From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Managing multiple Gentoo systems
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 19:20:20
1 > And now that I look more closely at KVM switches, it looks like they
2 > provide a method of controlling multiple computers via a single
3 > keyboard, monitor, and mouse.  I need sort of the inverse.  I'd like
4 > to control a single Gentoo computer via multiple sets of keyboards,
5 > monitors, and mice simultaneously.  It would basically be a way to
6 > have the functionality of multiple workstations but the administration
7 > hassle of only a single system.  Wireless communication between the
8 > computer and each keyboard-monitor-mouse would be most convenient, but
9 > that may not be possible so wired would be fine.  Does something like
10 > this exist?
11 >
12 > - Grant
13
14 Does this fantasy-arrangement of mine exist? I guess what I'm after
15 is a series of dumb terminals to connect to a local Gentoo system so I
16 don't need to manage a series of Gentoo systems.
17
18 - Grant