From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box: 2 small puzzles (1 solved)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:29:01
1 Philip Webb ha scritto:
2 > 071019 Peter Alfredsen wrote:
3 >> On Friday 19 October 2007, Philip Webb wrote:
4 >>> (1) The mobo (ASUS P5K-VM) manual has as default 'Configure SATA as IDE',
5 >>> which I have left as is. However, while the System Rescue CD finds the HDD
6 >>> as '/dev/sda', neither the Gentoo Live CD nor Knoppix sees it:
7 >>> should I change the mobo setting (the HDD is SATA) ?
8 >> If it has a setting "Configure SATA as AHCI", try that.
9 >> AHCI is a generic-ish interface that should improve compatibility.
10 >
11 > Yes, that did the trick ! Thanks.
12 >
13 > Anyone have a suggestion why using 'cp -a' to copy a lot of subdirs
14 > takes additional space on the USB stick (over the HDD space used) ?
15 > It doesn't happen when copying a straight set of files.
16 > It won't affect today's installation job,
17 > but wb useful for the future, if there's some way of avoiding it.
18
19 I've seen similar effects on my fat32 USB sticks. What filesystem do you
20 use on them?
23 m.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list