From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box: 2 small puzzles (1 solved)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:07:22
1 071019 Peter Alfredsen wrote:
2 > On Friday 19 October 2007, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> (1) The mobo (ASUS P5K-VM) manual has as default 'Configure SATA as IDE',
4 >> which I have left as is. However, while the System Rescue CD finds the HDD
5 >> as '/dev/sda', neither the Gentoo Live CD nor Knoppix sees it:
6 >> should I change the mobo setting (the HDD is SATA) ?
7 > If it has a setting "Configure SATA as AHCI", try that.
8 > AHCI is a generic-ish interface that should improve compatibility.
9
10 Yes, that did the trick ! Thanks.
11
12 Anyone have a suggestion why using 'cp -a' to copy a lot of subdirs
13 takes additional space on the USB stick (over the HDD space used) ?
14 It doesn't happen when copying a straight set of files.
15 It won't affect today's installation job,
16 but wb useful for the future, if there's some way of avoiding it.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list